AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Plastic Surgery Site Suspended

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm seeing help for a plastic surgery client's site that was suspended on Adwords for misleading content. We've made major changes to the website and got the suspension lifted, only to have it come back again. The account is under an MCC and we are working with their team and managers. However, it appears their "recommendations" on how to fix it are really just suggestions. The manager is telling me she sees nothing wrong with the domain, disclaimers, imagery, etc and it should be approved. But it again gets rejected and Google has all but given up on the account.  His website: EDITED.

Not that this is of major consequence, but the surgeon in question truly is a nice guy and we are trying to do the right thing. We just need someone at Google to tell us specifically what needs to be changed and we can do it. Google tells us those things to do and we execute, but the site is still suspended. This is coming from managers leaving me and the client with no recourse. 

Types of edits that were made to lift the suspension: 

• No guarantees of any kind - ever.
  • Disclaimers about images in the site being comprised of models and real patients
  • Disclaimers on all before/after patient image pages about individual results may vary
  • Disclaimers on all pages and any reference of before/after text that individual results may vary
  • Text added at any opportunity to ask web users to contact us for an individualized appointment with the physician, bring in images if what you'd like in your procedure, let's talk about that, and build a plan with reasonable expectations in mind and talk about what's realistic for that individual person
  • Adding text to before/after images that this is a real patient, individual results may vary
  • Testimonials marked with asterisks leading to the disclaimers in the footer

Can anyone tell me what could be causing the flag to keep happening? Yes, he performs breast augmentation surgery as part of his practice but surely that alone cannot be the reason. Any feedback is appreciated. 

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

>>"The manager is telling me she sees nothing wrong with the domain, disclaimers, imagery, etc and it should be approved."

Who is this manager - A Google's ? The client's?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Plastic Surgery Site Suspended

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This site still  requires a major overhaul of content... Here are 2 examples I have found, briefly looking:

• >>"There are a variety of treatment options available for hands to restore their youthful appearance;
  • And you are offering Botox treatment - which are not allowed...
  • And where is the registration license of the doctor...

IMHO the site should be thoroughly checked for Policy compliance and its content. This is relatively a big site, so It is beyond our scope as volunteers  in this community.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I'm referring to a Google Manager. She runs the Adwords team for my MCC account. I can provide her name in a PM if that's helpful. They are in the US, I believe out of Michigan. 

Thanks for asking the question. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, thanks for looking into this briefly and replying - much much appreciated. These examples weren't mentioned by the Google team. So that I understand...

1) "There are a variety of treatment options available for hands to restore their youthful appearance" What about this isn't allowed? Or is there a better way to describe medical day spa products and services that help restore the appearance of skin on the hands? 

2) Botox - we can't offer Botox on a website even if, as a physician, he is licensed to sell botox? Or do all references simply need a trademark sign? 

3) Registration license of the doctor - are you referring to his MD or his board certification as a plastic surgeon? Or some kind of license that needs to be filed with Google? Where would this go?

This is helpful stuff you're asking. Interesting that Google never mentioned these items. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well... Again.... Those are  just 3 examples... There is much more content to fix (e.g. "The results are a rejuvenated skin tone and natural look that you’ll love").  The recommended method is to "scan" every single page and verify compliance, 

Naturally, this is a labor and time intensive task beyond our scope here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, 

Sorry for the confusion, I think we are talking about what is compliant and what isn't rather than me understanding what is compliant already. Smiley Happy  

Specifically in this fourth example, "The results are a rejuvenated skin tone and natural look that you’ll love" seems like a reasonable statement in a website. But for you (and probably others, haha) it seems obvious that this isn't compliant in some way. I'd love to know what about that example (or any of the other three aforementioned examples above) isn't compliant as that will help me to know what types of issues to change. 

I'm definitely willing to do work to correct the entire website on my own time but have no idea where to start without detailing the semantics of the compliant language. This is the crux of the concern with Google managers - not knowing what to change. They (Google) think it's fine as is and yet they cannot get it approved. And we are back to the beginning of not knowing what to change to lift the site suspension. 

Perhaps someone else might have feedback or experience with this issue. Kind regards, AJ

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Angela J;

As mentioned, these are examples, which illustrate the issues of the site. I intentionally   don't wish to discuss the specifics because IMHO the whole site should be revised. So, discussing specific examples  "drifts" us from the main focus:  fixing the content of the whole site.

I wrote an article about the recommended approach to take;

Advertiser! First, read the Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

I'm not understanding what needs to be fixed with part of the site, or the whole site, that's why I'm seeking expert advice here. Unfortunately, the examples don't illustrate an issue for me and I'm seeking clarification. Google is telling me there is no issue with the language or text you referenced in the four examples so you might see why I'm not understanding the recommendations. Thanks for sending the attached guidelines and I'll take a deeper dive for sure. Upon first glance, I don't see what specific issues apply to this client's site and how that can help Google, me, and the client know what to change in the site (from a micro level to a systemic issue) to get it approved.

If anyone has any specific feedback about specific issues you may see as the reason why no one (including Google Adwords managers) can get this site approved again, I'd really appreciate the tips. Something very small could be the entire problem but be a global issue replicated hundreds of times. We are happy to correct these - we just need to identify what the issue is and put a gameplan in place. Both general and specific recommendations were already provided from Google directly with no success. For this account suspension to get lifted, we really need to hear specific examples, not an analysis of the whole site of course Smiley Happy

Thank you in advance!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

>>" For this account suspension to get lifted, we really need to hear specific examples, not an analysis of the whole site of course "

My view: the whole site should be analyzed  and fixed based on the compliance findings.

Until the whole site is analyzed and the whole content  fixed, Google will not reinstate the account. 
My 2 pennies.