AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Placement ad that says "special offer for [site] readers"?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Would Google have any issues with this ad because it refers to the name of the publication where it's displayed? For example "Special offer for Business Insider" readers.

2. Would there be a way to automatically put in the website's name within the ad copy?

3. If the ad was an image, are there limitations to how much /little text can be present? (like with facebook in-stream ad rules that limit the amount of space text can appear on?)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Placement ad that says "special offer for [site] readers&quot

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey David,

1. As as the special offer is still on the Landing page that you're referring too - I don't think there is any problem, but be careful not to do "Abuse of the ad network" (Prohibited practices: "ads promoting sites that offer little unique value to users and are focused primarily on traffic generation")

2. I don't know of a way to do it automatically, and remember that the same "special offer" is supposed to be on the landing page itself.

3. As far as I know you don't have "text length limitation , but the text must be clear and recognizable (From the Image Ads Policy: "The Image ads must be relevant to the advertised site. Ad images must be clear and recognizable, with legible text. We don't allow unclear, blurry, or unrecognizable images to be used in ads.")

I hope I helped you,

Cheers,

Asaf

Re: Placement ad that says "special offer for [site] readers&quot

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

A number of issues here,  both technical and Policy concerned:

• The name of the publication is a registered trade name, and there are limitation on using it within the ad- text (depending on the location targeted)
  • If I got you correctly, you want to show all users visited "business insider" a special promotion. You could do that using a Re-marketing technique. However, for that you must have access to website  html code.
  • As for the image ad: the text must be clear to read (legible text). And,  the image itself cannot be blurry. Thus, if you  were to "cover" the image with text, the ad most likely would be disapproved.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Placement ad that says "special offer for [site] readers&

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe, what I want to do is to show an ad (text or image) with copy "special offer for [website] readers" that renders on the website itself. So each ad runs on a different website.

Just went through your link and it seems that the rules are different region to region. Still unsure whether my specific case (which includes a specific landing page to each publication source) would be accepted by the editorial team. So would love it if I had more context by you or a member of the AdWords community.

Re: Placement ad that says "special offer for [site] readers&

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

There are two options for  different targeting mathods:

• You could show ads on the websites if these  sites are part of the google display network;
  • OR you could show ads to user VISITED the publication site (e.g. Read an article on business insider) and the ad will be shown to the users on other sites they visit.

The first option is known as Placement targeting" 

The second is known as Remarketing.

Check the help center on these two topics. You'll find a lot of suggested reading.

As for your second question: the guidelines for "text over image" are globally, and independence of the targeted country.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’