AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Phone numbers in text ads ? No problem

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is an amusing example of Ads from the country Romania putting 2 phone numbers in their title with no problem from AdWords Smiley Happy

Is this challenge so tough for AdWords programmers to detect a phone number string in a text ?

numere-de-telefon-direct-in-text.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Phone numbers in text ads ? No problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Come on Adrian Smiley Happy
You should know by now how this works. We all get frustrated with this sometimes, I get that. I do too.

Just report it and move on.
Reports are not actioned as quickly as I would like, but they do get actioned.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, swallowing my frustration about these issues is a solution Smiley Happy

I would like from AdWords Policy violation reporting to allow "bulk reporting" for multiple ads at the same time, instead of repeating the process for 3 ads on the same page. Together with the lack of feedback after a report, complaining about such competitor ads feels like a total waste of time .

I also wonder how come once I tried to save a phone number in a text ad just to test the waters it got immediately disapproved , but these guys can do it with no problem.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Adrian B

actually you should be honoured by immediate disapproval - that is a sign Google crawls you more often that others Smiley Happy)