AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Phone numbers in text ads ? No problem

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is an amusing example of Ads from the country Romania putting 2 phone numbers in their title with no problem from AdWords Smiley Happy

Is this challenge so tough for AdWords programmers to detect a phone number string in a text ?

numere-de-telefon-direct-in-text.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Phone numbers in text ads ? No problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Come on Adrian Smiley Happy
You should know by now how this works. We all get frustrated with this sometimes, I get that. I do too.

Just report it and move on.
Reports are not actioned as quickly as I would like, but they do get actioned.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Come on Adrian Smiley Happy
You should know by now how this works. We all get frustrated with this sometimes, I get that. I do too.

Just report it and move on.
Reports are not actioned as quickly as I would like, but they do get actioned.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, swallowing my frustration about these issues is a solution Smiley Happy

I would like from AdWords Policy violation reporting to allow "bulk reporting" for multiple ads at the same time, instead of repeating the process for 3 ads on the same page. Together with the lack of feedback after a report, complaining about such competitor ads feels like a total waste of time .

I also wonder how come once I tried to save a phone number in a text ad just to test the waters it got immediately disapproved , but these guys can do it with no problem.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Adrian B

actually you should be honoured by immediate disapproval - that is a sign Google crawls you more often that others Smiley Happy)