AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Phone Number Verification Policy

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi Community,

From June 2015, we'll begin requiring verification of ownership for all call extension and location extension phone numbers. Call extensions and location extensions that do not meet this policy will be disapproved. 

What does this mean for me?

You'll need to show that the phone numbers in your ads are for the business being promoted. You can do this in one of two ways:

1. Show us that your phone number appears on your website. Ensure the phone number used in your extension (Location or Call) is present on the website featured in your ad. 

OR

2. Or prove you own the domain. You can also verify the phone number in your extensions by proving ownership of your ad's display URL domain by linking yourGoogle Webmaster Tools and AdWords accounts or adding your unique AdWords conversion tracking tag or remarketing tag to your website.

How do I know if I have need to verify my phone number?

Phone numbers requiring verification will appear with an "Unverified" or "Unverified phone" notation on the Ad extensions tab.

For more detailed information on this, please check out our Help Center!

Kathleen

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Phone Number Verification Policy

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Thanks for sharing, Kathleen!

Re: Phone Number Verification Policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kathleen for your update. I have set both call & location extension successfully.