AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Pay too much

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads with yahoo and msn cost about $55 a month but my ads with google comes upto $650 a month, i think some thing is wrong, i my paying when my keys words show or when my ads is klick on, i need more clarification, i`m running into dept if i continues this way.

1 Expert replyverified_user

how to pay less

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I`m paying too much on my ads compaign, i need help, i my doing wrong ads, cos my yahoo and msn pay per click is doing fine and my pay is not bad as compare to my Google pay per click ads. pls help

Re: Pay too much

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi HVAC,

First off, I did merge your two threads so we can keep any answers you receive in one place. Smiley Happy

OK - I can tell you that comparing your costs between services is not the best idea they are all very different and offer different results.  If you have a value on leads or sales generated by your advertising efforts, that would be a better gauge of how things are going.  Another approach could be based on the quality and quantity of leads.  Spending more does not completely mean you will not get an equal amount in return, however, you need to be taking very good care of your account to ensure it is working as you hoped it would.

I have quite a bit of experience in promoting home services on AdWords and I can definitely confirm that the costs for these services can be quite high.  (I'm basing assumptions about lead generation, and HVAC services from your screen name and apologize if I'm incorrect).

So you have a few options here and as an advertiser and you have 100% control over your costs with AdWords. 

You could pause all active campaigns right this minute until you get yourself settled down a bit.

Ultimately, you will need to adjust your budget and bidding so it makes fiscal sense for you.  Without knowing details, I cannot suggest what is best but I can say that CPC can be quite high for HVAC services.

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point.  Please let us know if you have any further questions,  you can also contact AdWords support for help anytime as well.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Tom,
if CPC is high, what do you think is best for HVAC services

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

I honestly can't suggest to you a budget that makes sense for your business, if that's what you're asking.  

Adjusting your bids would depend on a number of factors including: current bids, current ad positions, estimated monthly budget, account history and account structure as well.

As far as your account goes, I would probably take a good hard look and make sure to:

1. set some goals - what do you want to achieve and at what costs?

2. optimize the account as much possible (refine ad groups, keywords ads and landing pages).  You don't want to spend any money on irrelevant clicks. The more optimized your account is, the lower your CPC will be and your ads can show up in higher positions.

3. ensure geotargeting and location options were accurate, You don't want to even show ads to folks outside of your business service area.

4. set your budgets and bidding so you can maintain decent ad position where you get enough clicks to generate the proper amount of conversions.

The goal here is to refine your account to a point where you're generating enough conversions at the right cost so it makes sense for your business.  The more time you can invest in your account, the better off you'll be.  AdWords takes work and knowledge.

Does that help at all?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’