AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Paid Advertisements on website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can you have paid advertisements on your website if you are participating  in google adwords for nonprofits? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Paid Advertisements on website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think you are mixing two of the Google's products here i.e. AdSense and AdWords.

In case you are advertising on AdWords using Google Grants Account, the policies would remain the same for both i.e. Standard account or Google Grants account as far as my understanding goes here. You will have to ensure that the landing page you are using is not a doorway page i.e. a page which is only intended for the users to direct to some other page using ads or other features. More details about the Policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

If you are looking for AdSense related query, I would suggest posting it on dedicated AdSense forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for the quick reply. It is possible I may be mixing up the programs. We participate in Google Adwords. I was under the impression we could not have any paid advertisements on our website as a participant in that program, but what I am reading does not state that. As long as the website is mostly about content and there is no malicious sofware, it seems its okay to have an ad or two. Am I reading that correctly?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

As long as you adhere to the AdWords policies (no doorway page etc...), there shouldn't be any issues.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ethically Adwords for NonProfits which takes grant from google for generating traffic and hence donation shouldnt use advertise as a medium to generate revenue on those pages.

If your page has advertise, some other nonprofit may use grant to advertise on your page and take away relevant traffic.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Ellen,

In terms of Google Ad Grants, (the nonprofit version of AdWords) your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in the Google Ad Grants program.