AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Our url is is too long

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our url is www.fenlandareacommunityenterprisetrust.org.uk  and is too long, how can we overcome not having our advert disapproved again ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Our url is is too long

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi facet o, welcome to the Community.

The short answer is, get a shorter URL, if you'll excuse the pun.  There's really no other way to solve this problem and, to be honest, a shorter URL is going to be much more useful to you from other perspectives as well.  Bear in mind that URLs are "labels" that people now associate with sites and organisations.  A memorable URL is one that can be passed by word of mouth or scribbled on the proverbial cigarette packet something, I would say, that is unlikely to be possible with something that long.

If it were me, I'd be looking to use a URL based upon an abbreviation, mascot or symbol associated with the area or trust (like Kent has "Invicta" and Yorkshire the "White Rose", etc.

Jon

(edit)  Sorry, I've just checked and you already appear to own facet.org.uk, which I'd say is an ideal URL - short, memorable, an acronym, it's got the lot.  Why not use this as your primary URL for the entire site?  Have you been told that the longer URL will somehow help your SEO?

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Our url is is too long

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi facet o, welcome to the Community.

The short answer is, get a shorter URL, if you'll excuse the pun.  There's really no other way to solve this problem and, to be honest, a shorter URL is going to be much more useful to you from other perspectives as well.  Bear in mind that URLs are "labels" that people now associate with sites and organisations.  A memorable URL is one that can be passed by word of mouth or scribbled on the proverbial cigarette packet something, I would say, that is unlikely to be possible with something that long.

If it were me, I'd be looking to use a URL based upon an abbreviation, mascot or symbol associated with the area or trust (like Kent has "Invicta" and Yorkshire the "White Rose", etc.

Jon

(edit)  Sorry, I've just checked and you already appear to own facet.org.uk, which I'd say is an ideal URL - short, memorable, an acronym, it's got the lot.  Why not use this as your primary URL for the entire site?  Have you been told that the longer URL will somehow help your SEO?

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits