AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Our competitor is using multiple URL's for one business. Legal??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our competitor is using multiple URL's and physical addresses for one busines. When someone searches for our type of service, his 6 to 9 differetn URL & addresses show up. All are to the same business. Is this legal or can it be removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Our competitor is using multiple URL's for one business. Legal??

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI MichaelOkeefe

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

When you say "Our competitor is using multiple URL's and physical addresses for one busines. When someone searches for our type of service, his 6 to 9 differetn URL & addresses show up. All are to the same business" I think that you may possibly be referrring to ad extensions here? I'm including an article about various types of extensions, you can take a look to see if any of the examples look like what you are seeing-

Enhance your ad using extensions

Also, there is a lot of policy surrounding URL's and domain names, you can find out more about this and also about why multiple ads aren't shown at the same time below-

Domain and URL

Why won't you show multiple ads leading to identical or similar landing pages

If none of this is the case, please post back with more information and an example so we can try to help with your enquiry.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

My competitor is cheating, Multiple URL's for 1st page exposure.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My competitor is purchasing multiple URL's, linking them to actual address(home & business), and earning multiple first page links on ONE business. How can I stop/remove this? Can I take legal action against unethical business practices?

Re: My competitor is cheating, Multiple URL's for 1st page exposure.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you talking about AdWords or Google search results ?

Re: My competitor is cheating, Multiple URL's for 1st page exposure.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Search Results

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=video+game+truck&ie=UTF-8&ei=MMVIUcufMYfHrQGji4CgBA&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

6 of these are for the same business, they are using different physical addresses. Some of the URL's are the same, others are slightly different.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Our competitor is using multiple URL's for one business. Legal??

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI MichaelOkeefe

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

When you say "Our competitor is using multiple URL's and physical addresses for one busines. When someone searches for our type of service, his 6 to 9 differetn URL & addresses show up. All are to the same business" I think that you may possibly be referrring to ad extensions here? I'm including an article about various types of extensions, you can take a look to see if any of the examples look like what you are seeing-

Enhance your ad using extensions

Also, there is a lot of policy surrounding URL's and domain names, you can find out more about this and also about why multiple ads aren't shown at the same time below-

Domain and URL

Why won't you show multiple ads leading to identical or similar landing pages

If none of this is the case, please post back with more information and an example so we can try to help with your enquiry.

Kind regards