AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Our account has been suspended even though ad was deleted.?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We received an email on 7th explaining that use of SALE in display url was deemed excessive capitalisation. (the ad was set up by a junior colleague). It was then deleted however the account still went on to be suspended at 4.30am on 8th ie today.

What is going on?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Our account has been suspended even though ad was deleted.?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello sandygenova1;

Over capitalization disapproves your ad, (and it is resubmitted for approval upon correction). However, it does not result in account suspension. We should look for other reasons.

What was the reason given in the suspension email you received?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thanks for feedback

this is reason in email on friday

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

We wanted to alert you that one or more of your ads or keywords have
been disapproved. Unfortunately, we won't be able to show your ads on
Google, our search partners or on Display Network placements until you
edit your ads or keywords to make them compliant with our policies.

If this is an error, we want to get your ads back up and running as
quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Below you'll
find the reason why your ads or keywords have been disapproved. At the
end of this email, you'll find a Problem Report that includes details
about which ads or keywords have been disapproved and what you can do
to fix them (if possible).

====================
Disapproval Reason
====================
[Capitalization] Unnecessary capitalisation: To ensure a good user
experience, we don't allow excessive or unnecessary capitalisation in
your ad text, title or Display URL. The following are examples of
guideline violations:

and then at 4.30am today received;

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners or on Display Network placements.

We deleted the ad with the SALE capitalisation in display url and did no other adwords work in last two days.

Its all odd. I also assume Google wont compensate us for lost sales if this is a mistake

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

These are two different issues;

Can you share your website URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi I will send as an email.. Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i'm new. I have made my first campaign 4 days ago and i have received the same email. (excessive Capitalization)

What exactly it means? Too many keywords?

I need a little help to resolve this issue,

thanks, happy new year!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Excessive Capitalisation is an issue which we have have grappled with in the past. If for example you are selling Dymo label printers, you may not be permitted to use DYMO Label Printers in ad headline depite the fact that your brand actually uses capitals in its brand name. (there are exceptions and indeed you may find your competitors getting away with it) However in virtually all case the following would be disapproved as headline DYMO LABEL PRINTERS. The reason for this is as you would expect 'spamminess' or 'shouting'.

As your account is new I would recommend that you stick closely to the rules/guidelines and avoid a) capitalisation and b) Text manipulation eg using underscores to make standout D_Y_M_O Label Printers (double disapproval!)

Work on the basics eg construct many tight adgroups with super relevant ad copy to increase click through rate and thereby quality score)

Meanwhile remove capitals and resubmit ads and/or contact google for reapproval. Happy Hogmanay

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello;

"Over capitalization" is related to ad-disapproval. While an account suspension is a major violation, that usually cannot be overturned, an ad that is disapproved can be fixed, and the campaign can be resumed.

Read and see examples about "ad capitalization" in the following link;

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176100

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your feedback!! I will do it! Bye