AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Open a second AdWords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, quick question. My Adwords account was suspended because of violations etc. etc. and that's OK.

BUT, my account had two campaigns for two entirely different websites: my business website (violating the policies, according to Google) and another for my personal website/blog (100% complaint to the policies). Since Google suspended the account even the personal website campaigns have stopped running. How can I advertise again this website? In other words should I open a new AdWords account for the personal website? If yes, how?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Open a second AdWords account

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Luca,

First, Google will stop all ads from running. All related AdWords accounts will also be suspended along with any new accounts that you create in the future. You'll still be able to access your account and reports, but won't be able to continue advertising with AdWords.

Please read https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375414?hl=en

You can also submit the appeal refer https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/3375595?utm_source=hc&utm_medium=susp&utm_campaign=2...

My Thoughts : From my personal experience it is more better to create New adwords account from new mail id and setup campaigns for your personal website.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Luca

Have you tried to resolve your earlier issue with Google? is your personal site also being suspended?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, sorry probably I wasn't clear. I know everything about suspensions, policies, why and why not, appeals etc.

My question is: One Adwords account with two different campaigns for two different websites get suspended, only one site is non complaint, the other is GOOD. But since the entire account is suspended, BOTH campaigns for both sites stop running. How would I go ahead to make the good site run Adwords again?

Hi Luca P, Welcome to the forum.. Its really very diffi...

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Luca P, Welcome to the forum..

Its really very difficult to recover a suspended account.If you create a new account also the chances is high to get suspended again.So i will suggest you to contact the Adwords Support.

@MosheTLV : Can you please help here?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I could explain the problem for the third time but apparently we are not on the same page. Imagine this: in one AdWords account you have 100 websites (all different businesses) running 100 campaigns (all unrelated keywords), so no 'double serving' or whatever they call it. One of the sites is non complaint. Google suspends the entire account (because of that one site), so the other (100% complaint) 99 websites campaigns also stop running, this is obviously unfair. How would you go ahead to advertise again the other legitimate 99 websites?

(Moshe are you there... help! ??)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Kandarp and @Shuva Nandy are correct;

Once an advertiser is suspended (no matter what was the issue)  - the advertiser (i.e. the account owner) is suspended from ever working with Google again, no matter whether the other campaigns / accounts  were / are in compliance. All are banned!

Watch this video  by Google (time stamp 0:48):

>>"...we ban the advertiser from ever working with Google again".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe I spoke and emailed plenty with 2/3 Adwords reps/supervisors and - yes my account is suspended - by they are waiting for me to find a solution to make the non complaint site legit again (which I can't do right now). Obviously I could easily open a new account with my wife details right now and create the campaign for the complain website I mention above, and it would pass. Since this seems very sneaky and silly to me, I was wondering if it wasn't smarter, from Google's part, to allow me to run the campaign for the legit site and suspend the campaign for the non-complain site. As per example above if one has 100 websites and one gets non-complain because of some accident etc. I don't think it's fair or even intelligent to lock out the other 99.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@luca 

I would not advise opening another account using someone else details. Experience has shown that Google is pretty good at catching returning suspended advertisers. Google has sophisticated tools / signals to track accounts opened by banned users.

The best way is to fix the site. Honestly, I do not see any other way to unsuspend you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Moshe for your Great Advice.