AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Online pharmacy certification required

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ,

I would like some help with my ad.

I am a licensed family practice/ Doctor and tried to use Google ad . However , it was rejected beacause on the clinic website , I said that there is a pharmacy next to the clinic and I have their logo published. Although I do not promote any medications online at all, Neither does the pharmacy. which I find very frustrating/ strange.

I also noted that the pharmacy itself ( Amcal Emily Roberts ) has been on Google Ad, So how do they approve it there and not when included in my website ( http://lowndesstreetclinic.com/ ) !!!

Is there anything can be done to rectify this. I find it very disappointing.

Thanks

Dr Hany Georgeos

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Online pharmacy certification required

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
How did you conclude that the pharmacy is the issue? Did you get an email from Google?

You cannot promote a pharmacy unless you comply with online pharmacy requirements (and obviously you are not...), However; I think that there some other violations on the site (e.g. Information harvesting...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes got an email from Google. also talked to a few people/emails. who said the same thing. a copy of email is below. I do not understand what you mean by other violations.
Also, this particular pharmacy does not have by any means a facility for online drug shopping. It is an ordinary pharmacy next door that deals face to face with patients. so I still do not understand how is this classified as online pharmacy, there is nothing on their website that implies that they are an online pharmacy !
thx
Lowndes clinic

email copy:
"Hello,

Your ad isn't running right now because it's disapproved for violating Google's advertising policies. But don't worry -- if you edit the ad to fix the policy violations below, we'll take a look and see if it can start running again.

=====================
Policy violations
=====================
[Healthcare and medicines] Online pharmacy certification required: Your ad has been disapproved per our online pharmacy policy because you do not have the required certification for the country that your ads are targeting. Please see our policy and country-specific requirements at https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>>"Google restricts the promotion of online pharmacies. To determine whether an advertiser is promoting an online pharmacy, we consider a number of factors such as the content of your ads and site, as well as the products or services that you offer. For user safety and other reasons, we err on the side of caution in applying this policy, especially for landing pages that link or refer to content that in any way appears to be the online sale of medicines, whether prescription or over-the-counter medicine.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en

In addition, I would recommend reading all sections of the Policy and verifying that you fully comply with all sections. (For example,  I have noticed a contact form which does not comply with the information harvesting section.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again for the reply.
However i have read this a few times and understand the rules , however i still do not believe this applies to my situation, if a computer or a robot rejects the add due to the policy , i would understand but i am asking the human customer service to investigate it further, check the pharmacy website you will notice that there is absolutely no online pharmacy service!!
As for the contact form, as a medical practice this is the least info we should acquire to reply to a patient. We handle much more sensitive info at work and this will be the least of google worries.
We are registered with a few legal agencies in Australia ( medical board, Medicare australia, royal college of GPs, AGPAL clinic accreditation ) and every one of those have more strict rules than google policies and we are compliant , otherwise we won't be able to operate or have a website in the first place which by the way is also compliant with these strict policies. For example , i had to remove the testimonial section from the website because doctors here are not allowed to do so by the medical board.
Sorry i may not understand everything about google policies and how things work but to me it does not have a reasonable explanation, specially that people privacy and business clarity is one our top priorities in this career, we are not simply another business advertising , we follow a very strict code and conduct and under a lot of supervision and accreditation processes and if google does not appreciate this, then i will not waste one more precious minute chasing it.
Thanks anyway for your time.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

There seems to be some misunderstanding here...  Smiley Surprised

Google requires all advertisers to comply with any local law and regulations;

In addition, Google has its own requirements /policy restrictions;

The point in your case, is that you do comply with local laws and regulations, but  do not comply with Google's Policy.