AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Online pharmacy certification required - but the AdWords client is a Doctor not a pharmacist

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, a few of my client's Ads keep getting disapproved, I call Adwords support in the US (because they no longer have a phone number in Australia). Adwords support has to ask their higher level support to take over, they say the automated approval was incorrect and fix the ads. Then a few days later it all starts again and it's getting very annoying.

The automated algorithm needs to be altered to take into account that sometimes a licenced medical doctor is actually what is needed, not an online pharmacy. In fact, it is illegal for a pharmacist to perform these procedures in Australia.  

So why keep telling a doctor to become a pharmacist? It seems a classic case of 'computer says no'

2 Expert replyverified_user

Online pharmacy certification required - but the AdWords client is a Doctor not a pharmacist

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can you please share the Ad copy?

Also please review the Healthcare and medicines section of the Policy:

Quote:

Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:

• Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
  • Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment

May be this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

In AdWords, click on the cog wheel at the top right and you should see the Australian phone number:
1800-287-850

(in the regular interface, not the new Beta).

Regarding the disapproval, it is more likely the product being used not the procedure - ie Botox. 

Or it could be that your site mentions pharmacy only products, or even the word "pharmacy".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rob, I must be using the new beta interface then. I will take a note of that number, thanks.

I've made sure there is no mention of the word 'Botox' or any other pharmaceuticals.

Thanks again, cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Aslam, I can't share the Ad copy sorry. I'll try call AdWords support again...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark L,

Just so you know, you can bounce back and forth between new (Beta) interface and old (Classic) all you want. Click on the three stacked dots in the upper right hand corner and click on return to previous AdWords experience. Then do that again and go back to new AdWords experience. 

Cheers,

James