AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Online pharmacy certification required - Natural antibiotics???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm completely lost as to why my website would need online pharmacy certified. The website is based on natural antibiotics such as garlic, kelp, oregano oil, etc.

It seems google are not happy with the word "antibiotics, even though it relates to natural antibiotics, which exist in nature.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Online pharmacy certification required - Natural antibiotics???

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ninjasys; welcome;

You are right. !

Please review the Healthcare and medicines section of the Policy:

Quote:

Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:

• Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
  • Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not sure if its the website content or the fact that i have the word "antibiotics" in the url. Not sure i would call garlic, kelp or oregano oil herbal supplements, they are just natural ingredients.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Can you share your URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again ninjasys;

It looks (to my opinion/ understanding) that the content of your website clearly violates the Healthcare and medicines section of the Policy:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe, is it because there are some banners for health supplements? If i removed these, would it pass?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ninjasys
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

No;

I think, the reason is, that you are advertising alternatives (non prescription) to antibiotics, that you claim to be as safe and as effective as antibiotics, while these are not pharmaceutical medicines.