AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Online pharmacy certification Australia (hemp keywords)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the issue of not being able to advertise the word hemp, although there are direct competitors to me that have ads with this word. 

I had a notification on my ads saying "online pharmacy certification required" so I have looked into googles guide as to how I obtain this and then apply to advertise.

There are 2 options as to how I can apply. These are to obtain a licsense form Medicare Australia or be a member of Australian pharmacy guild. I have spoken to both these entities and they have both told me that is incorrect and they have been telling google to correct these requirements??

if google requires something to be done to advertise then they should be supplying to right info on how to obtain it!

I don't get get it? I want to give google thousands of my money and they won't help me any further than referring to policy they have, which at this stage is not correct??

any help or info would be appreciated.. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

The license is for pharmaceutical drugs... however, Hemp is considered a part of marijuana with regards to AdWords and it is not allowed. Please read this help file about AdWords policy and zero in on the recreational drugs part.  

All the Best,

James

Re: Online pharmacy certification Australia (hemp keywords)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply James, I am aware of these regulations, but when I
google hemp products how is it that other competitors appear to have ads?

When I google hemp oil or hemp seeds are they purely coming up because of
SEO?

So there is absolutely no way to do any campaigns, ads or keywords based
around the word hemp?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

You are welcome, sir.

There should not be any AdWords ads showing for the product as it is 100% prohibited with AdWords. If someone is somehow advertising the products, they will, at some point, be caught and account suspended... most likely for life (forever). It is a clear and complete violation. 

If you see any and would like to report the ads, please use this form

Please note that you can have your website online and in the SERPs (search engine results pages) and build organic traffic for it... but AdWords cannot be used and will bring a suspension that will follow you to any other businesses down the road. When AdWords polices lists something as prohibited, it should be taken seriously. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not really correct. You can get a certification. Must be done over the phone. Good luck though because hardly any agents know how to do it properly.

Re: Online pharmacy certification Australia (hemp keywords)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bob yo,

Can I do this over the phone with google? Do you know what the certificate
is specifically?