AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

One website with multiple billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a company that has 5 regions across the US. Each has a different budget for advertising but we all sell the same or similar products and use the same website. Would it be against Google's policy if each region had a separate account (for billing purposes) even though we are advertising in separate regions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob B
February 2016

Re: One website with multiple billing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Jabob, how are things?

I've worked on something similar here in Brazil, which I don't know if it work the same for U.S, but here is the thing:

This is something that the client might have to adapt. You have two options from what I've seen:

1. Each region would have a unique account, and each region would pay for it's own account
2. Client would have one credit line for just one address and information, and would need to separate this internally to collect payment from each region.

This was what happened to me anyway.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob B
February 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Jabob, how are things?

I've worked on something similar here in Brazil, which I don't know if it work the same for U.S, but here is the thing:

This is something that the client might have to adapt. You have two options from what I've seen:

1. Each region would have a unique account, and each region would pay for it's own account
2. Client would have one credit line for just one address and information, and would need to separate this internally to collect payment from each region.

This was what happened to me anyway.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm trying to do your first option but I'm being told we still can't use the same keywords within our own regions. For example I can't use "Product A" that we all sell as a keyword in all regions across the multiple accounts. Only one account can use that keyword...which will not work for us.

Option 2 is doable, if we get approved. We are just starting out so we don't have the history just yet.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Jacob,

Option 1 would still need some approval from Google (I guess, not sure), but there shouldn't be any problem on using the same keywords, because you would be targeting different regions, so they would not compete with them selves. I don't see a problem in that. The problem is more related to "same client having multiple accounts advertising the same website)" rather than buying the same keywords, in my point of view.