AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

One of my Client's Account Suspended : No Reason Mentioned

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my client's account which I manage through Adwords MCC was suspended few weeks back. When I appealed the decision through the official Google form, I got a standard reply that it's due to violation of Adwords policies. When I asked the client to appeal, the client got a reply that it was due to the nature of business. The client's business is "Visa and Immigration consultancy" and has all the required approvals and licenses to carry out the business. 

When I filled the form second time, I got a reply stating that the account was suspended due to multiple Google Adwords account for the same client. When I contacted the client, the client is firm that no additional AdWords account was created and they have only one AdWords account.

Third time, I tried the Twitter handle for Adwords and contacted them through it and then I was asked to fill another form (Social). After two days, I again got the standard reply that the site has been suspended due to policy violations and no more specifics can be provided. I have read the AdWords policies and feel nowhere the client has violated it. How can I get the specifics on why the site was suspended? Please do help as the client is very eager to continue as they were getting satisfactory results through the campaign and I am also on the verge of losing a good client.

Thanks for your time.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

There used to be a policy saying you can't offer paid services for what can be applied for from the government for free, but that policy went away a few years ago.

if you share the URL of your site we might be able to give you an idea of what Google dislikes about it. There are a number of possibilities, including:

insecure application form

mimicking a government site

making guarantees for something that cannot be guaranteed 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @RobSkelton for the inputs. The site in question is: http://rkglobalvisa.com/

Would immensely help me as well as the client if you can provide inputs on what went wrong here. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The admin email address for the account should have received an email for the original suspension, and that will have the policy in it. 

I can't see any reason for a suspension based on the website. 

There's a small chance it was either the free assessment form not being secure, or testimonials not having disclaimers - but ordinarily neither would be a problem for this type of business.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As @RobSkelton mentioned Google restricts the promotion of free government service. Those cannot  be promoted unless you have added value to the user.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, @MosheTLV. But then I see many paid ads (AdWords) popping up for Visa consultants Pune, all competitors in the same niche. If it's about govt service, it should affect all businesses across the board and not a specifically targetted one. Plus educating clients about various laws and doing clerical work for them forms a service which is well accepted as an Immigration Consultancy and Resettlement business. I still can't find the logic.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Waiting for some more inputs regarding this. Is there a way to contact Google in person, may be visiting their Google Office in Hyderabad, India Smiley Happy. I know they have an Adwords department there. There has to be some fix for this issue. How can Google just single out and ban an advertiser just bcos they doubt a policy violation? Doesn't this benefit the competitors of this said advertiser and place them in a better position to do the business?

Please suggest a way out.