AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

One of Deleted Ad is showing clicks on Adwords, Can you Plz tell me why?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Today I observed a critical issue in one of my adgroup. Actually I've two exact same ads in an adgroup, but one is deleted and other is live. The problem is all clicks are showing on deleted ad, while live ad is having no clicks. Can you plz tell me why this is happening? However I paused that campaign.

Please reply me ASAP.

Anand Vishwakarma
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: One of Deleted Ad is showing clicks on Adwords, Can you Plz tell me why?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Avish,

I do not know the complete scenerio so I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge Smiley Happy

When you are looking at the statistics, I would suggest please make sure that you have selected the right date range. It seems that in the above scenerio you must have selected that date range in which only your deleted ad was running. That is why all the statistics are only attributed to the deleted ad (as the live was not created then).

Check with the more recent date range (post the ad was deleted) and do let us know if the same if happenieng again. Hope this helps!

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Give some time to Adwords statistics. What you are seeing on your interface are not real time stats. Clicks and impressions which you received in last 3 hours might not have updated. You can see that notification underneath your main Adwords interface.

It's always good to see the past data (e.g. may be for a past week) because till then your stats are updated fully.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Avish,

I do not know the complete scenerio so I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge Smiley Happy

When you are looking at the statistics, I would suggest please make sure that you have selected the right date range. It seems that in the above scenerio you must have selected that date range in which only your deleted ad was running. That is why all the statistics are only attributed to the deleted ad (as the live was not created then).

Check with the more recent date range (post the ad was deleted) and do let us know if the same if happenieng again. Hope this helps!

- Neeti Ghildiyal

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

No, Neeti. I selected the date today itself (06-Sept), and my deleted ad was showing all clicks. Now suggest what should I do? I've mailed to Adword Support group regarding the same, but they haven't replied yet. Waitingn for their reply.

Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Give some time to Adwords statistics. What you are seeing on your interface are not real time stats. Clicks and impressions which you received in last 3 hours might not have updated. You can see that notification underneath your main Adwords interface.

It's always good to see the past data (e.g. may be for a past week) because till then your stats are updated fully.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Pankaj is right here. In AdWords reporting is not real-time. Clicks and impressions received in the last three hours may not be included in the dashboard. There is a 24-hour delay in conversion tracking reporting.

Apart from that if you have approaced AdWords support, then they will look into it and help you out in the best way.

- Neeti Ghildiyal