AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

One client - two domains in same industry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm managing campaign for client for one of their domains. They want me to run ads for another of their domains, so the payment details would be exactly the same. Audience targeted also is basically the same, just different products. I assume due to Double serving policy I must make sure we don't target same keywords for both domains.

But what about accounts... Should I register another AdWords account or add second domain to the same account?

Thank you in advance.

Uldis

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uldis Z
September 2015

Re: One client - two domains in same industry

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

To clarity:

The issue is not the domains targeted. The issue is whether the products / services offered are similar (or similar pricing)  and   targeted using similar keywords. If they are not - then there is no violation

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Uldis,

As long as you are not targeting same keywords and same products you will not violate the double serving policy.

You can also create a different account. Same billing details will not effect your both accounts. I am having 9 accounts with same billing details but they all are working fine because websites and targeting are different.

Cheers,
Nouman
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uldis Z
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

To clarity:

The issue is not the domains targeted. The issue is whether the products / services offered are similar (or similar pricing)  and   targeted using similar keywords. If they are not - then there is no violation

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks guys for time taken to reply. I'm still confused.

That's the problem: products are from same group and keywords can be overlapping. It's in financial trading sector. They need different companies since one is licenced to do certain things (like open accounts) the other is licenced to do others (like provide education/training) but audience is the same, so "trading" is still a "trading" on both accounts.

They are different brands, different legal entities so i assume it would be safer to find another payment method and register in separate google account. Am I right?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
This is a fine line. Without the full specifics - we can't tell..
Make sure that you read the Policy;
It is all explained there.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV, I've read the policy and came to the same conclusion - whatever we decide to do it's kind of gray area.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We're setting up an experiment for a client with 2 different domains, so we can see now their dedicated micro-site performs against their main site. But other than that I'd always err on the side of caution and set-up a new account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but with separate accounts you need different payment cards, right? otherwise it'll be perceived as suspicious activity by Google, I guess.