AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

New problems with established keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Two keywords I that have been using successfully suddenly are no longer triggering ads. The eligibility message on these words reads: “This keyword is not permitted to show ads in your targeted location.”

What is the problem and how can I fix it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New problems with established keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Erin,

This is a new one for me.  I have questions though.

Are these the only two active keywords you have or are these just two keywords that happened to be marked this way out of a number of active keywords?  Are you currently still getting any impressions for your ads at all or is your entire account basically shut down?  Are there any other alerts in your account or have your received any emails from Google at all?

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Erin14

In some territories Google prevents ads that advertise products prohibited by local law. This mainly applies to alcohol, adult product or medication .e.g:"In these countries, Google doesn't allow the promotion of any alcoholic beverages, including beer, cider, sake, wine, champagne, hard alcohol, and liquor"

Check Google's advertising policy for specifics, or elaborate what you are selling and in which territories, so we can refer you the relevant policy section.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Would be quite handy to know the keywords and the targeted location to be able to say more about it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi in my case same error.

keyword: paragliding in bir
Target Location: Himachal Pradesh
Bir is a location in Himachal Pradesh (India)

Any tips to show ads there.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’