AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

New ad...First time user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long is the approval process? Its been a week and my ar is still "under review"?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New ad...First time user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Generally the approval process takes up to 3 days.

After that  - in my experience - the ads are nveer going to get approved unless you request manual approval.

I have a couple of clients - one sells airsoft guns, the other is a pharmacy - whose ads never get approved automatically - I always have to call Google and ask for manual approval.

If your product is in a sector which is more controlled, then your ads will get flagged by the robots - certain keywords just do this: guns, pharmacy, prescription, wine (yes references to alcoholic drinks need to be approved  - if it's for a restuarant (i.e. wine and dine) it's OK - if it's for a wine club it gets an "over 18" limited approval status - and so on. It's unlikely that these will simply get approved "on their own" - you'll need to push them along.

Whilst you don't get a "disapproved" status, then you're just stuck in this limbo....

you should get in touch with Google