AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

New ad...First time user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long is the approval process? Its been a week and my ar is still "under review"?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New ad...First time user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Generally the approval process takes up to 3 days.

After that  - in my experience - the ads are nveer going to get approved unless you request manual approval.

I have a couple of clients - one sells airsoft guns, the other is a pharmacy - whose ads never get approved automatically - I always have to call Google and ask for manual approval.

If your product is in a sector which is more controlled, then your ads will get flagged by the robots - certain keywords just do this: guns, pharmacy, prescription, wine (yes references to alcoholic drinks need to be approved  - if it's for a restuarant (i.e. wine and dine) it's OK - if it's for a wine club it gets an "over 18" limited approval status - and so on. It's unlikely that these will simply get approved "on their own" - you'll need to push them along.

Whilst you don't get a "disapproved" status, then you're just stuck in this limbo....

you should get in touch with Google