AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

New Extended Headline Beta

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone,

I've tried speaking to Google about this but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

It was announced over the past few days that advertisers can now have an extended headline as well s the normal 70 character count in the description copy.

I know in the past that you could get an extended headline by adding a . at the end of the Description Line 1 but this new format suggests you can determine the longer headline and then create the descriptions?

Please can someone help me!

Thanks,

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LauraBburn
April 2016

Re: New Extended Headline Beta

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It's an early beta test. Google invites you, not the other way around. If you don't have the feature in your account, you're not in the beta, period.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

Not sure if any beta version is currently running. But in case your ads target for Eastern Europe and Asia, you could have longer text ads. Here are the details which countries accept that and other specifics:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704441?hl=en

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the reply - I wish someone would inform the people that work at Google of that fact!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good luck getting ANY answer out of Google about extended headlines. They have screwed up my extended headlines royally and I can't get absolutely ANY help from anyone. The answer they give me is pure crap and I don't by it.