AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

New Adwords Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an adwords account for an adult chat line about a month ago and have been working on making sure my site, keywords and adgroups are all compliant. I have spent countless hours each day researching all things "adwords" and have called many times to speak with an adwords rep to ask questions.

I studied what other similar advertisers were doing to get a feel for how I should keep the site and the ads so as to not be disapproved. My ads were approved at first and then disapproved. I called multiple times to find out why they were disapproved only to be told various conflicting things by each person. Finally I received an email from an adwords rep who said she is looking into things and that one possible reason was that there were recent policy changes. A few days later, she emailed me that she had "good news" and would be calling me back. We spoke extensively about my campaign and I was assured I was doing every thing right and to continue.

During the course of my learning curve with adwords and attempting to optimize my campaign, I received several emails for disapproved ads primarily for capitalization which I promptly corrected. (Some ads use acronyms and they have to be capitalzed). Four days ago I received an email that several ads were disapproved due to "Destination URL not working". When I tested it, it was most certainly working so I obviously couldn't fix a problem that didn't exist so I assumed this was a mistake.

This morning I received an email that my account has been suspended "because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions".  I am utterly shocked at this. I was just told one week ago that my ads were all compliant, that my website landing page was in good shape and that I was good in all areas!

Did adwords change their policies AGAIN???  I see other advertisers, the same ones as before that appear to be unaffected. I have requested my campaign be reinstated but am not feeling hopeful as I've also come across many horror stories about how Google never reinstates suspended accounts regardless.

I have emailed the rep who I spoke with last week regarding a seperate issue and she has not responded as of today, a week later. I emailed her about this today and doubt she'll respond based on her lack of response thus far. Can someone at Google help me???? I spent so much time on this trying to do everything right and was given the green light. I was getting ready to launch this campaign this week and now this. Someone, PLEASE HELP!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Adwords Account Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please share the website URL
Please advise if the URL has any adult content and user discretion is advised.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't want to share the url because I don't want it indexed here. In any case, the content is very mild and far less racy then many existing sites advertising adwords. All photos are faces only, no nudity whatsoever. Additionally, my site was APPROVED and was never an issue in all of the exchanges I've had so far with adwords reps. When I was told last week that all ads were approved and everything was a go, I was told that it would be in the "adult" or "non family" category and there were no issues with my landing page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This is a landing page issue. Without the URL we will not be able to help
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do you know it's a landing page issue? How could it be when I was just told my landing page was just fine? Even if it is, how am I expected to do anything when all I've ever been told by google is that my landing page is good????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There are far more explicit sites on adwords that have full nudity, stimulated sex in their pictures and far worse yet my little tame, non nudity site has landing page issues? That's preposterous. Why wouldn't they be pointed out to me so I have a chance to correct them? Why would a rep tell me all was good? What the heck kind of company acts like this?