AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Never used adwords, now account was suspended. How do I fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have never used adwords, however I would like to in the future.  My account was suspended today for violating advertising policies, which technically isn't possible if I HAVE NEVER USED IT.  How do I get this resolved?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Never used adwords, now account was suspended. How do I fix this?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;
Please copy / paste here the suspension email received from Google;
Do not include any personal info (e.g. Email, CID...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there, me too (very similar).

I have not used AdWords since 2008.

Got the same "account-suspended" email the other day (also for violating advertising policies).

What options do I have to resolve this?

I am interested in trying AdWords in the future again.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure....

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements.

If this is an error, we want to get your account back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account:

Customer ID:

To learn more about AdWords suspension policies, please visit
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/static.py?topic=28449&guide=28446&page=guide.cs&hl=en_US.

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?answer=8440&hl=en_US.

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that doesn't accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message. If you'd like to reach us, you can contact us through the methods described at http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/request.py?&contact_type=form_r0&hl=en_US.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello again;
Thank you.
Please also share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no website. I have not used adwords.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@James; 

You are not suspended, unless you attempt to set up a campaign (including an ad with a URL) pointing to a site violating the Policy - irrespectively if the campaign is active or not. OR, you re-login into an account that had already been suspended.
Either one of these happened to you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is the problem.

I've never created a campaign, I've never used adwords (other than funding my account and logging in once). I've never created an ad/campaign or done any advertising active or inactive.

Not sure what to make of this o be honest.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Strange...  Smiley Surprised So, call Google; Can't help: Sorry ;
See contact details below;

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello James C,

Did you look in your Adwords account, to see if something has happened or something has changed?
Could it be that someone else could access your account?
Could it be that your account is hacked?
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.