AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Need help, totally confused,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Q.1 - Some of the representatives informed that i can add the trademark term in the display URL as it will increase the quality score and ad relevance because google do not check the display url and say say no it also violates the policy, I have also seen new accounts with the trademark term in the display url as subdomains or before the actual domain address?
Q.2 - I had my toll free number in my domain so i had the same in the display URL and i was informed that i am technically right as i am not violating the number policy by mentioning the number in the ad text without reason? Can i run my ads like this by being safe on the other hand?
Q.3 - Even after having a very good CTR (2.07%), Quality Score (7-8 for every keyword) a good landing experience (6 mins average) and very low bounce rate still the call extension pops up only for 1/4 of the total advertising time. It always pops for for everybody or nobody on the page?

Re: Need help, totally confused,

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Akshay,

Q1: Yes, you can use trademarked terms in the display URL and of course in the keywords. You can not use them in the title or ad text.  Although I have not tested this, you should also be able to use a trademarked term as a subdomain in your display URL, it's important however that the domain of the display URL matches the domain of the landing page and I think you also have to redirect your trademarked subdomain (from the display URL) to the suddomain of your landing page.  For example, if you want to use trademark.example.com as a display URL, you should redirect that subdomain to your landing page subdomain (for example www.example.com)

Q1 + Q2: You can find the display URL policy here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/175906

Q3: Ad extensions tend to be shown only when the ad is on the top of the search results page, is your ad always showing at the top?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your time,
Yes, the ad is always on the top but the call is extension is not showing all the time even after having all the right figures in the account.

My conversion has gone down after the number policy wherein the ad text should not contain the toll free number?
Q.1 can I advertise with domain containing my Tollfree and put the same in the display URL?
Eg. www.1-800-xxx-xxxx-abc.com
Display URL - 1-800-xxx-xxxx-abc.com

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Hi Akshay

I'm not sure why your call extensions aren't showing up all the time. Is there a pattern in when they're showing and not showing? (some campaigns or adgroups showing them, others not)

For your other question, it seems that this is indeed technically allowed per policy but best to check with adwords support. Then again, I'm not sure whether doing it is a good idea as it can be considered trying to trick the system and I don't know if putting your phone number in your domain actually benefits the user/searcher.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes it is always on the top three results,