AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My years old account was suspended. For years old ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been in contact with adwords. A current ad was under review and we had the site owner make the needed changes and it was approved. However when i logged back in the next day I was suspended for ads set up years ago. They were not running and had no intention of running them. One is going to parked domain that is for sale for $7500 so I can afford to buy it and make changes. The other ad goes to an old affiliate link that I have no control over. I have explained at length I don't have the ability to change this on deleted ads as I have no control over those sites. Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My years old account was suspended. For years old ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

When you are saying "They were not running and had no intention of running them" - do you mean that they  were paused? Was the campaign active?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Paused and or deleted.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Well...paused ads are checked for Policy compliance.

If the destination URL was in violation of the Policy, at the time it was checked  - you'll have to fix it.
I understand that you have no control over these domains. However,  this is a firm policy by Google: Domains that were found to be in violation must be fixed. Abandoning the domains / selling them ...etc does not resolve the violation. (And, indeed, this is one of the risks in promoting affiliates on Google:  You don't have control over the content...)
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

even if you delete the campaign the site is still tied to your account as verified by policy team. IE if I owe and marketed sony.com...stopped and deleted the campaign prior to sony.com going bankrupt...i then sell sony.com to another company who rebrand it which is not google compliant, my adwords account will get flagged as well for the compliance issue. 

Sorry once its in your account your tied to that domain for life.