AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My website content is misleading. I don't understand why.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't understand what is misleading on my website. Can someone please tell me? I have created a motivational program for people who often find themselves having one drink too many. My goal is to motivate them to quit drinking, by focusing on the price they really pay. I clearly say I cannot help alcoholics, and suggest they go to some professionals or their doctor. So, I don't see the harm in motivation people. Google Adwords does. And I don't understand why. Please help me understand where the misleading occurs on my website.... http://www.sober-yes.com

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

You cannot portray  / claim a cure from drinking. This is the message coming out of the content of your site...

Any claim stated must be within a common acceptable practice  / methods of changing drinking habits.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

To add to what Moshe said, in my experience you can't make claims to say that your course "will" or "is going" to do something. You have to phrase it like "this may" or "this can".

For example, you could change the headline "What Is This Program Going to Show You" to "This Program Can Show You" - and then apply that thinking across the website.

I hope that helps!

John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Also, testimonials need a disclaimer (on the same page, standard font size, and asterisked at the testimonial), even video testimonials and before/after pics.

Also, I think Google has an issue with money-back guarantees for this type of products - in a way it is a claim that your product will definitely work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe TLV

Thank you for your reply. I really didn't mean for people to think I stated that I had found a cure for drinking. But Google seem to agree with you. I guess motivating people to get rid of bad habits isn't quite the thing to do then... Oh well... But thank you anyway. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you John

Very useful. Since English isn't my first language I may have a problem with the nuances... Your reply definitely helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Rob

Thank you for replying to me. I might be guilty of not stating clearly enough that I'm selling an attempt at motivating people, but at least I'm innocent of testimonials... Don't have any. Which may be one of the reasons I'm not selling at all... He he. 

Also, I thought money-back guarantees were the law in the US. If you don't like it, you pay for it. And since it is going through PayPal, ones account will quickly be shut down if one don't keep that promise and people start complaining. Sales gurus state that you have to remove the risk of buying... But I thought it was the law. As it is in my country, Norway. Thank you so much anyway. Your reply is very useful.