AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My new ad for MineCraft hosting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a hosting company that hosts MineCraft servers and it is not letting me run my ads.

The reason it gives is:

Your ads in this ad group aren't showing because of the use of a trademarked term in your ad text

How do I get this fixed?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shad V
September 2015

Re: My new ad for MineCraft hosting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
LOL .. I found out why .. it was because I had a promo code listed .. the code was GOOGLE .. so that is what was not allowed

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Shad,

You have few options here.

1. Get 'Authorization' from the trademark owner.
2. Remove the trademark term from the ad.

Find more information below.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645?hl=en

Adwords Trademark policy - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Minecraft allows hosting company's to use their name, they have said it many times .. so how do I fix this?

OK .. from what I am reading, I am allowed to use it. Do I have to just wait for Google to approve it?

"When such ads can show in these regions:

Resellers:
The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) the goods or services corresponding to a trademark term.
OR
The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) the components, replacement parts, or compatible products relating to the goods or services of the trademark.
The product or services must be the primary focus of the ad's landing page. The landing page must clearly provide a way to purchase the product or services OR display commercial information about the product or services"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shad V
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
LOL .. I found out why .. it was because I had a promo code listed .. the code was GOOGLE .. so that is what was not allowed