AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My keywords being disapproved - for no real reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to set up my adwords campaign but all my keywords are being disapproved for no reason - all are linked to a products in my store matching these keywords, I would like to know what is wrong

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jan S,

What does the Status column say in relation to a typical keyword of yours? Please hover the cursor over the status bubble on the keywords report page to see the system message. You may also want to click on 'What ca I do?' to learn about your options.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Jan S

Find out the reason in the bubble in the Status column or in the email that informed you about the situation and let us know to be able to help you.

The typical reasons for disapproving on the keyword level are:

- domain on the keyword level doesn't match a domain used on ad level

- url is not working (for example it returns 404)

Regards,

Hana

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Hana,

it is "- domain on the keyword level doesn't match a domain used on ad level"  which is  not true as it matches the keyword. For example "inspirational posters"  links to a inspirational poster and "eames chair poster" links to poster with Eames chair etc... Does not understand why it is being disapproved...

Re: My keywords being disapproved - for no real reason

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jan S,

Select one or more of you keywords and select the Change final URLs... menu item on the Edit drop-down. You'll see something like this:

Capture0may16.JPG

That's how keyword level destination URls are created and obviously some of them contain the wrong domain name.

Best,

Lakatos