AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My domain name in competitors adwords title

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Is it allowed to use my domain name in competitors AdWords?

Thanks, Alex

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aliaksandr D
September 2015

Re: My domain name in competitors adwords title

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Aliaksandr D,

If your URL is also a registered trademark term, then you can submit it to us to monitor for you. 

The below link is a great article for you to reference as a Trademark owner, and through that page you can resister your trademark so we can monitor it for you. Once we have record of it, we'll monitor the use of that term by other advertisers.

"Help for Trademark Owners": https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562124

"Trademark Help for Advertisers": https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645?hl=en

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My trademark registered as supplemental yet - Google answered me before it's must be a principal registration to remove it from keywords. Ok, I filled application to register it as principal. But I'm still confused is it right if visitor use keyword "mysitename" for Google search and hi see AdWords with title exactly as my website full domain name "MyDomainName.com"? I think it is false advertising if my competitors try to identify they website with my.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Aliaksandr,

Please tell me if i am understanding you correctly here. You are trying to tell us that your competitors (say xyz) are using your brand terms (say abc) in their AdWords campaigns and are showing their ads on Google with your brand terms (abc) in their ads??

If this is the case, you write to Google and inform them that your brand term is being used unlawfully ( only if your Brand has a registered trademark) and can ask them penalize the competitors.

Hope this help!

Cheers,

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What Aliaksandr D clearly states is that his competitor has an adwords campaign with title like:
"Aliaksandr_domain.com bla bla bla "
Google doesn't scan the advertisement's textual content in order to find a reference to a working domain name, so as to demand from the advertiser to prove that he/she controls it.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'll contact Google again after my trademark will be published. It should be done within next couple months.