AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My ads are showing as Approved Limited for my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

BingeSite.com claming to have trademark. But there isn't anything closely resembling in any country. This is for 2 out of 3 ads. Not sure why the 3rd one was let go. Is this a way to downgrade traffic exchange sites since it's competing with your products in some way?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: My ads are showing as Approved Limited for my site

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Abhishek D,

If your ad is approved (limited) for use of a trademark, then that means that your ad text itself contains a trademarked term. But given the content of your site, we deem you a reseller for the trademark in question.

The distinction between "approved" and "approved (limited)" is that "approved" ads have explicit permission from the trademark owner to use the term, and "approved (limited)" ads fall under our reseller policy. Depending on which country your ads are showing to, "approved (limited)" ads might have limited visibility. You can read more about this here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Abhishek D,

If your ad is approved (limited) for use of a trademark, then that means that your ad text itself contains a trademarked term. But given the content of your site, we deem you a reseller for the trademark in question.

The distinction between "approved" and "approved (limited)" is that "approved" ads have explicit permission from the trademark owner to use the term, and "approved (limited)" ads fall under our reseller policy. Depending on which country your ads are showing to, "approved (limited)" ads might have limited visibility. You can read more about this here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.