AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My ads are getting disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am slightly perplexed as to why my ads are being dissaproved. I am advertising a very reputable and ethical company providing genuine Pension Advice on pension transfers, pension consolidation and pension reviews. I am slightly confused as to why the ads would be rejected. I think the ads are quite concise and are not ambiguous. Can someone please enlighten me.

Considering many of the other people being allowed to advertise on the keywords such as pension transfers are fraudsters and people doing very unethical pension unlocking I think it is ridiculous that these ads are being blocked.

Please can someone help?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ads are getting disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you click on the little speech bubble next to the Disapproved status indicator you will see the reason for the disapproval - if you let us know what it says we might be able to help you a little more....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The disapproval is based on unclear/inaccurate ad text

However, I don't see how "Get Advice on Pension Transfers, Call us for free on 0845 6526 101" is unclear or inaccurate for a "Pension Transfer Advice" ad?

Please help!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I also got this issue with one of my ads. However, I did not search more as my other ads are running fine.

The new Adwords policy can a reason which need to be followed. http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176098?hl=en&guide=1308149&ref_topic=1310871

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I have just done a Google search for "pension transfer advice", and seems like your ad seems more relevant than some of the ads that I am seeing, so strange why it got disapproved. (could be that you need to prove that you are authorised to give out this advice, are you regulated by any government body??)

I take it you are in the UK, give the adwords helpdesk a call 0800 169 0409 (have your customer id handy) and they can nudge the approvals team to take a look, sometimes they DO get it wrong.

Just yesterday one of my client's accounts was suspended due to the system thinking it was a parked domain! lol

Let us know how you get on.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi nicheifa,

If this disapproval happened within the last day or so, my guess is that it's because we no longer allow phone numbers in ad text.  The policy page that Anil linked to includes this rule.  I don't know why the disapproval email would say "unclear or inaccurate ad text" though.  Personally I think that generic messages like that are confusing and a more specific message would be better.

The phone number check just got turned on very recently -- in the last day or two -- and only for newly submitted ads.  Older ads containing phone numbers will get retroactively disapproved soon.

I doubt that the disapprovals happened due to any suspicion that your site is a scam.  If our systems thought that was the case, you would have gotten a different disapproval reason (unacceptable business practices or some such) or would have had the entire site suspended from AdWords.

If you want to have phone numbers associated with your ad, I believe we have a phone number extension that you can associate with your campaigns.  I need to read up on extensions, though.  There have been a lot of new kinds of extensions created since last time I looked at them.

Laura

AdWords review engineer.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the detailed response. Yes you are right, the only way to get phone numebrs into the ads is via the call extentions. They are now even easier to set up and manage with enhanced campaigns making them more granular.

I have seen a marked improvement with a few clients using the upgraded call extentions.

:-)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

The ad copy also inclides the word Free which the bots sometimes don't like....

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi nicheifa,

Could you post the entire disapproval email you got, stripped of any identifying details like your Customer ID, email address, etc?  I want to make sure it's the one we're supposed to be sending in this case.

Laura