AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My ad was refused because they recognized my site as a "parked domain"?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone please explain what a parked domain is. My site is active and I made an ad for it before. How can I fix this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

MY ad has been refused due to my site being recognized as a "parked domain"?!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my website is www.artdentistry.net

I had already done an ad using the same website. How can I fix this problem?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @islam h,

Parked domains are often used by businesses that want to have more than one web address for advertising purposes. Parked domains are additional domains hosted on your account which display the same website as your primary domain and share web statistics as well; however, you can give the parked domain its own email boxes.

Further, when some limited hosting accounts reach their monthly quota, the hosting provider will throw up a splash page with generic info and ads. This is much like domain parking (a little different from parked domains).

You will also want to make sure your website is accessible from all locations / servers all over the world. If Google attempts to crawl your website and it cannot access it, this can trigger this issue. Your hosting company may even serve a generic error page with their info and ads on it. You should make sure to have a robots.txt file, make sure your hosting provider is always serving your website (call and ask if your site is reaching a monthly quota and going off & on), and install custom error pages.  

Please note that the Google Adbots can make mistakes when a websites closely mimics these traits. In this case, you should contact AdWords Support. Open up AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown.

Kind Regards,

James 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would call Google support to let them know it's not "parked" - I had this happen the other day with a clients website that was not "parked" - once they review it is live you should have your ads approved the same day you talk to support.