AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My ad was disapproved on a copyright issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad, which has been running since June,  was disapproved today due to Google's opinion on the grounds  that I violated quote: "Copyrighted content: Google restricts the promotion of copyrighted content" Whaaat?

Fortunately I have a contract for this side of my software business, but I have other software that I sell based upon an exchange of e-mails, or worse still, a verbal agreement. How do I justify those copyright agreements?

What is worse that when I submit the contract for review, which of course has pricing and other private data, the automatic reply is that my case will be reviewed in 2-3 weeks. Meanwhile, we are at the end of the year and my campaign has been shut down on NO evidence of my wrongdoing.

I support copyright protection wholeheartedly, but the execution of this policy is similar to the state highway patrol stopping EVERY car on the highway based on suspicion of illegal activity.

I was contacted by a Google AdWords person last week who did not even mention this risk or possibility.

Perhaps a couple of alternatives to copyright protection would be to ask for such proof prior to approving the ad, or prior contact during the ad run, asking for proof.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ad was disapproved on a copyright issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Follow the instructions on "Trademark help for advertisers" in the following link;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’