AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My ad is disapproved. I can't figure out why.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad has the error: [Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code

The page works fine for me--I don't get it.  Could it be because I used Wordpress, or because there is a video on the landing page? Can anyone help?

The ad is: 

Colorado Reverse Mortgage

• Before you buy, learn the shocking
  • truth from The Mortgage Doctor!
  • TheTruthAboutReverseMortgages.net

The link is: thetruthaboutreversemortgages.net

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My ad is disapproved. I can't figure out why.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This landing page violates both the "information harvesting"  and (in some aspects)  the "advertiser claims" sections of the Policy.
My view: this business model cannot be promoted on Google.

[Edited]

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: My ad is disapproved. I can't figure out why.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Jazz,

Thanks for posting! The disapproval reason  [Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code means that your landing page did not load when it was checked by the Review Team. If a site does not function correctly or returns an error status message, the ad will be disapproved.

You can fix this disapproval reason by ensuring your website functions at all times, in all locations. However, I'd recommend reviewing carefully the policies that Moshe mentioned to ensure you are fully compliant with AdWords policies. 

Hope this helps!