AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My ad have been approved but gives me error 404 once the ad is clicked

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I have ads that have been approved by Adwords, but once they are clicked on they don't re-direct me to the landing page, I have entered (I have checked the landing page and made sure that it is valid & fine). The ad once clicked on directs me to a blank page with the Error 404 written on it. ANy idea what the problem could be ?

Re: My ad have been approved but gives me error 404 once the ad is cli

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Is your destination URL correct? Test it by copying it and try to pull up the page.

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
I checked it and it is working fine, nothing seems wrong with the URL. when you copy paste it into the bar, it works, but when you click on the banner. it just redirects you to the error 404 page !

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you post the URL here?

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You have a pop-up on the landing page, which AdWords doesn't allow, but I'm not sure if this is causing the 404.

There isn't something funny happening like a browser redirect for the crawler?

Not applicable
# 7
Not applicable

no redirecting is happening at all. plus with another previous add, it worked perfectly fine !!