AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My account was suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My account was suspended about 2 weeks ago, since then I have communicated with some google adwords representatives, but this did not came to a positive result.

This is my case:

I have this account since 2008, and since then I invested over $ 60k  in it; about a year ago or maybe more, I stopped using my adwords account, and I started using it in december 2012, adding some new campaigns to it, which got approved and were running until  2 January 2013 when my account got suspended for "violation of Google's Advertising Policies in this or a related account".

I urgently contacted the adwords support right after I saw that my account got suspended. The response came and I was told that I was advertising sites which don`t comply with this google adwords policies:

-bridge page

-mirroring and framing

so I deleted the respective ads/campaigns, to comply with google adwords policies.

The respective campaigns/ads which used the websites in cause, were already paused, and I did not used them in years. Anyway at that time(years ago) when I created the respective campaigns/ads, they got approved and were running without any problems. So I guess the google adwords policy has been changed in the meantime and I did not noticed that.

So to comply with the new rules at google adwords, I deleted the respective campaigns/ads, and I got the reply from the google adswords representative that I still need to make changes to that websites to request an un-suspension.

BUT here comes the BIG problem, some of the websites I advertised, I was working as an affiliate for them, so I can not change their websites even if want to. Other website is a website of some guy and I was running an ad for him, this site in case I can not modify either, also I am not in contact with the guy.

Other sites are my sites and I did not promote them using google adwords since I paused those campaign/ads years ago.

So now I am in a very unwanted situation and I can not solve it the way the google adwords representative suggested, so I am writing my case here hoping that someone here or from google team can help me, bacause this adwords account is a very important part of my business.

thank you,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My account was suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kosmonet;

The issue you are asking about was asked by several advertisers in the past . At first,  it does not make sense that you are required to fix a site you have no control on....

So, we asked Google to comment:

The reply we received was that Google was aware of that. However, Google was (and is) firm on its Policy, that the landing page that had violated that Policy, must be brought into compliance, prior to appeal  for account unsuspension, If that cannot be done (as you described) -  the advertiser cannot return to advertise on Google.

I know that this not the answer you would expect, But, Google is "hard as steel on that".

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,same thing happened to me ,i am worried i entered in this Google..
dollop3@jaibiz2day.com

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is very strange what happens, adwords team accepted my ads in the first place, which were running ok, without any problems for months, then I paused them, and a year later or so, they suspend my account for that websites on that ads not being ok!

how is this possible ?!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Yes ; it is possible; All depends when site is submitted for a review. That can happen after the campaign started.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yeah, the biggest mistake is joining with Google