AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My account was suspended for violations of AdWords policies what next?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received an email last night stating that my account was suspended because my billing info could not be verified. I responded and told them that my billing information was fine and there should be no problem. They responded back and said that while reviewing my account they found violations of there terms of service. My account has been running like clockwork for the past 2 months. While researching I see that you guys have helped many like me, can someone look in to this for me. My url is www.affordable-financing.com. We collect loan leads, I believe I have all the appropriate disclaimers, and notices on the site. Thanks in advance.

**bleep**

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My account was suspended for violations of AdWords policies what n

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

Welcome to community.

Can you please reply back on email that asking the exact reason of suspesnion. Please ask a question like "Tell me the exact reason, or which policy i have violated, so that I can make the required changes"

Once you get the reply please post that exact reason provided, so that we can check and suggest something which can help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
will do, thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Your site violates the "financial services" section of the Policy - hence suspended;

Read the Policy; fix the site and resubmit the site for approval, using the link provided on the Policy page

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just sent Google an email asking for specific changes I can make to the account and/or website. I'll wait for a reply and let you guys know. Thanks for the insight.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google replied stating that they have reviewed their decision and have determined that they were correct the first time. I did not ask for a re-review, I wanted specific info on what I can change. My site has a terms of service page, a FAQ page, a term of use page, a privacy policy with opt out information. I am not sure what I am missing. Rather than tear apart the site I want to know exactly what needs to be done. Is this too much to ask?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Have you read the Policy ?

let's stat by having a physical contact...; disclosing all fees; APR; implications of non payments....

I looked at your site. I couldn't find even one clause in the Policy that your site FULLY complies with...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read the policy, and I cannot see any violations. On my faq page under the resources tab there are questions with answers about fees, late payments and apr's, renewal policies, as well as a fair and responsible lending policy. On the contact page there is a physical office address. The policy as I understand it reads that an advertiser must:

• Operate in compliance with state and local regulations – for example, include specific disclosures required by local law.
  • Disclose associated fees. (http://www.affordable-financing.com/Info/faq/faq.htm)
  • Include links to third-party accreditation/endorsement where affiliation is implied, particularly when it serves to improve the reputation of the site. Examples include, but are not limited to, verification of government affiliation and third-party ratings.
  • Provide legitimate physical contact information for the business being promoted. (http://www.affordable-financing.com/Info/Contactus/contactus.htm)

I do not claim any affiliation that serves to improve my site's reputation, and as far as I know I am operating in compliance with state and local regulations. If you have any suggestions as to how I can improve upon what I have I would welcome them.