AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My account was suspended for counterfeit goods policy? I don't understand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new for adwords, I set a campaign(I have only 1 ad), and 2 days later at 4.15 am they suspended my account, they claim that I violeted: Counterfeit goods policy. Strange thing they emailed me : we alert you and if you do again your account will be suspendend. In fact, they did not alert, they suspended my account. I am not selling Counterfeit goods, but I made an affiliate web site, that review a cell phone, and link to sellers site. I think my mistake was 7-8 links to the sellers site, maybe it is too much. But it  isn't relationship with Counterfeit goods. After this,I delete my campaign and my ad,and, I removed my affiliate links, and there is only one link remain. I send a message them and I am waiting their response.

my site is www.curve9300tr.com, please help me.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My account was suspended for counterfeit goods policy? I don't understand

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

I am sorry, but I don't think we can help much on this issue. If you were affiliated with an affiliate, Google considers to be un-trusted / un-reliable / unlawful its Google's obligation to protect users, and to suspend your account. (You surely don't want users to complain, that they are encouraged to buy counterfeit goods using AdWords. That certainly can damage the reputation of AdWords, as a trusted advertising platform.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: My account was suspended for counterfeit goods policy? I don't understand

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

I send a message them and I am waiting their response.

That was the right thing to do.  The support folks can have someone review your site and check whether or not there were really counterfeit goods on it or the site it linked to.

Even if the suspension for counterfeit goods is overturned, a site with that many links on it is fairly likely to get suspended for being a "bridge page".  Please go read that and the other site policies.

Laura

AdWords engineer