AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My account suddenly shows "under review" and Google AdWords is conveniently closed. Help!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The timing couldn't be worse.  In there anything that can be done, anyone that can help?  

Matthew

Re: My account suddenly shows "under review" and Google AdWords is conveniently closed. H

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

First of all captain, never post any identifiable information in an online forum. Protect yourself!

Secondly, even long standing accounts may go under review on occasion. Could be for a variety of reasons, the billing tab may be one of the simplest things to check. Were there any billing issues recently? Even if they were resolved the account may be temporarily under review still. 

Tom

Re: My account suddenly shows "under review" and Google AdWords is conveniently closed. H

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Corrected the ID issue.

The account had a payment issue with the card, fixed this and now have a substantial credit.

That said, the account is still under review TODAY, NOW.  How do I fix this?!  Today is the last day of the year, a work day for lots of folks.

Thanks,

Matthew

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
By the way, I am new to the forum so maybe missing something here, but why is my post marked as "Solved"? It is definitely NOT solved.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

I think the admins can mark a question as solved, even if the asker of the question didn't do so. However, maybe there is some reading between the lines to be done there?

I mentioned a potential billing issue because I have experienced it, and if the admins did mark that response as solved, that may be a hint as to the problem. Seems like usually the review process lasts a day, maybe two (for me) when a billing issue happens. How long ago did the issue get resolved?

I don't know what to say other than try to be patient, but you might try to:

Call

Talk with the Google ads team from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (1-866-246-6453).

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I already tried to call, that was my first step. Google is closed today for New Years--no telephone or chat. My email earlier this morning has not been replied to.