AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My account has been suspended for weeks now. anyone to help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account was suspended for weeks. I tried several different ways to update my billing information and nothing really works.

I have no idea why my account is suspened.

This is the error message below.

Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified.

I am desperate and thanks for your help!!!!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: My account has been suspended for weeks now. anyone to help?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Turdburgler,

It's called Double Serving.  In an effort to maintain a level playing field and provide a pleasant user experience, Google says that only one advertisement should be shown per website, per SERP. 

If they allowed multiple accounts per domain and multiple ads to show per domain, then there is a chance for certain advertisers to control many if not all of the ads shown for a search query.

There are some circumstances where multiple accounts are actually allowed but they are for very specific reasons and these multiple accounts are never targeting the same areas = no chance of double serving.

You can shut down one account and open another one without issue, this topic has even been covered by Googlers here.  As with anything, there is protocol and when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you're expected to understand and follow the policies.

I'm totally hooked on AdWords for sure, been providing my clients great and profitable results for years!! Smiley Happy

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi iblasonatl,

Do you by chance have more than one AdWords account with the same billing information? That would be one possible reason.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, thank you for the reply.

Since I was waiting for so long without any solution, I thought by opening another new account could eliminate the problem.

However, I ended up getting two inactive accounts since they are related. Who will be able to help?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please some one show me why you are't allowed to create multiple accounts for one domain , this idea is ridiculous as many people are changing from account to account for different reasons, Google doesn't want you to find out they favor new advertisers getting them better CTR getting you hooked on their crack and then it all goes sour ... Trust me I've been investigating this theory and it's becoming very clear how they get people "hooked" on ad words.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Turdburgler,

It's called Double Serving.  In an effort to maintain a level playing field and provide a pleasant user experience, Google says that only one advertisement should be shown per website, per SERP. 

If they allowed multiple accounts per domain and multiple ads to show per domain, then there is a chance for certain advertisers to control many if not all of the ads shown for a search query.

There are some circumstances where multiple accounts are actually allowed but they are for very specific reasons and these multiple accounts are never targeting the same areas = no chance of double serving.

You can shut down one account and open another one without issue, this topic has even been covered by Googlers here.  As with anything, there is protocol and when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you're expected to understand and follow the policies.

I'm totally hooked on AdWords for sure, been providing my clients great and profitable results for years!! Smiley Happy

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey PPCBossman,

I know I am not supposed to do double serving. The ONLY reason I opened a new account is because I could not get google reactivate my first account. My requests were ignored and I can not figure out why.

I have closed one account, should I close another account? And call to get some assistance in that way?