AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My Adword Account has been Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I am a new registered member in google adword, i created an account last monday, i want to advertise my website through google adword.
but i was surprise when i received a mail from google adword that my account has been suspended, that they were unable to verify my billing information, although i have not make a payment into my account because i am still waiting for my bank to activate my credit card before i can be able to make a payment into my google adword account.
please what cause the problem for them to suspend my adword account? please help me to unsuspend it.

Waiting For You Soon.
Sincerely,
Fatai

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Adword Account has been Suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Google will try to verify the card immediately upon entering it into the billing information of your account.  If as you say, "i am still waiting for my bank to activate my credit card before i can be able to make a payment into my google adword account" you shouldn't be using the card for anything...it technically doesn't exist.

Once you can actually pay with a card, you may be able to update your billing information and get your account up and running...until that time, please do not try to use any cards that are not active.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply i appreciate. I have not enter my credit card in the billing form it is only my address i entered in the form, that's i am also wondering that why must they suspend my adword account while i have not enter my credit card info in the form.

what do u think it may cause the suspension? can you please resolve the problem?

Waiting

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I think there was a mistake in terms in Google System.

I think the automated system detected you wrongly .

You can contact Google here and ask them to unsuspend.http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Fatai,

Our systems use the "unable to verify billing information" in some cases where they shouldn't.  It can also mean that your account was suspended for other reasons, typically because our systems saw something extremely suspicious about it, e.g. they thought you had created other accounts that had been suspended for past misbehavior.  If that doesn't apply to you, please contact AdWords support and ask for help.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Laura,

thanks for your reply and i appreciate you very much. is like you are right about what you type above, before i created an account in  ggogle adword, someone having been helping me to advertise my website in google adword before and am paying him. now i have learn how to advertise in google adword and i want to be advertising my website now by myself and i created my own account

please what can i do now? if i explain this to AdWords support are they going to resolve the problem?

Waiting

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Fatai,

I don't have any way of knowing what the support folks are going to say.  I know a lot about the policies for reviewing individual ads, but I'm not an expert on account-level reviews, especially the ones that are billing- or risk-related.  You'll have to contact support and see what happens.

Laura