AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

My Ads dissaproved after being approved for a while

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to know how can I escalate this to AdWords managers.

I have had about 10 or more ads approved and running for a while. I have made a new ad, which had 3-letter word in caps. (MAY). And this was dissapproved.

I was very surprised as all my other ads had the 3-letter month in caps and all of the have been approved.

I raised this question to support and she said it was a mistake.... and disapproved ALL MY ADS!!!

I think this is VERY unfair, because my ads were approved and just because I asked about one , all of the were disapproved. The mistake was theirs, not me, why do I have to pay on this and now modify the whole thing?

I can accept the last ad not to be approved, however, the other 10 should have kept approved.

The typical disapproval when you use caps is when you hav e"EXCESSIVE capitalization".. .and I understand that more than two words can qualify as such, but a 3-letter abbreviation, that is crazy!

So I want to escalate to someone who has more common sense than the person who decided just to shut down all my ads.

Can someone tell me whom to contact?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Ads dissaproved after being approved for a while

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Karla,

Welcome to the community!

You need to modify your ads and resubmit it for approval. Excessive capitalization is not allowed. By mistake it was approved as one mistake is allowed to all. They won't take much time rectifying their mistake.

Whosoever you call, you are not allowed to run ads with excessive capitalization.

Apologies!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Karla P,

Welcome to the community...!

As per Adwords capitalization policy there are few exceptions, buy 'MAY' will not come under it as it is not an abbreviation.

So your ads are correctly disapproved.

Find the policy below.

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176100?hl=en

Deepak

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Neha, but I dont agree that having 3-letter in caps on the whole ad is excessive capitalization.

THIS IS EXCESSIVE CAPITALIZATION.

This is NOT excessive capitalization.

And if all my ads were approved because the approver did have some common sense and understand what does excessive capitalization mean, i find it unfair that now all my already-approved-and-running-ads were disapproved.

So, I would like to know how to escalate this as it seems that some of those who are approving are somewhat clueless on what excessive capitalization really mean. Do you happen to know how to escalate?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright Info, I understand MAY, but what about APR, that is an abbreviation, those ads were approved beforehand and running, now disapproved. How can I escalate or request for a re-review?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ok Karla P. No Problem. I will stick to what I said earlier, you need to make changes and resubmit your ad. Excessive capitalizarion does not have a limit of alhabets, it clearly means whole one word can not be capitalized such as MAY, TO, NOT, FREE etc. .. you are allowed to use capital letter word in some exceptional cases such as trademark terms etc.

Well to esclate this issue you can use contact adwords button on top right corner below your email id.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’