AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple location and countries

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I want to use 14 countries for same keyword, same Ad group and Ad copy. Language is only English. Countries are wide spread from east to west. This is a travel Ad.

Is it okey to use 14 countries in one Ad. When I do the keyword research on KW planer, it showed only search volume show for 10 countries.

Any disadvantages of using multiples countries. Different countries have different expected CTR for same keywords.

Please help and give your thoughts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

My view is that language is also a matter of culture (Americn EN is different then British England or Australian...).

My preference is to set a landing page specific  to a country (even if English spoken) with a phone number (i.e. a call extension) specific to a country.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandaruwan S
February 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I highly recommend you to set up a single campaign to single country. As Moshe said, the culture and language may be different. But IMHO main advantage is to test and optimize ads, keywords, extensions, bids, hours, days etc. Let's say in one country your ads would be more profitable at the mornings, in other at the evenings.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Łukasz S @MosheTLV 

Setting up campaign each for 14 countries and 14 landing pages would be difficult. This is Hotel campaign I'm doing. Time & Days are not an issue as we have 24x7 phone support. and We run Adwords 24hrs.

Any methods to simplify work?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I had simillar problem some time ago. Ask a webmaster or programmer to create a script to recognize user's localisation by IP and dynamically insert proper content on website. You can do this using PHP and/or JS. It should make your website more relevant to users from each country. Then if you really want, you can try to run one campaign for all countries.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Nice solution by @Łukasz S. But this could be an issue with the Policy, which requires that both the Google's bot and the user see the same content. So, if the bot carries an IP different than the user's IP,  you could face a Policy issue.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV yeah, I was afraid about that too, but believe me, I didn't get a penality. At least a whole content will be in English and very similar, only some variables will change like country name.