AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple accounts/businesses with same domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Suppose we have multiple Adwords accounts/businesses advertising distinct pages on the same domain and targeting different geographic regions. All accounts would be created under a single MCC. We're billed by invoice.

Examples:

Account 1:

• mydomain.com/SomeClient

Billing settings: Invoice

• Who pays: My company
  • Invoice name: SomeClient

Account 2:

• mydomain.com/AnotherClient

Billing settings: Invoice

• Who pays: My company
  • Invoice name: AnotherClient

Would this be allowed?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Multiple accounts/businesses with same domain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dave,
This is allowed and I've seen it done but it's NOT a good idea.

First of all, if one of your clients seriously violates the site/landing page policies/guidelines, ALL your clients will be on the line. If YOU mess up with one of your clients, the rest are at risk.

Secondly, and trust me on this, eventually, all clients move on or stop. They'll eventually want access to their data. Whatever way you want to frame it, it's THEIR data. You wont be able to give them access without exposing all your other clients data.

I've seen many agencies do this for ease of billing or to collect credit card reward points/miles or to simply cream a little off the top of what their clients are paying (not saying that you're doing this) and it has always ended in tears.

Use MCC for what it was supposed to be used for.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dave,
This is allowed and I've seen it done but it's NOT a good idea.

First of all, if one of your clients seriously violates the site/landing page policies/guidelines, ALL your clients will be on the line. If YOU mess up with one of your clients, the rest are at risk.

Secondly, and trust me on this, eventually, all clients move on or stop. They'll eventually want access to their data. Whatever way you want to frame it, it's THEIR data. You wont be able to give them access without exposing all your other clients data.

I've seen many agencies do this for ease of billing or to collect credit card reward points/miles or to simply cream a little off the top of what their clients are paying (not saying that you're doing this) and it has always ended in tears.

Use MCC for what it was supposed to be used for.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Dave.