AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Monetization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the past two Christmas seasons I have promoted a monetized video with no problems. I set it up to run this year (2013) and was hit with a requirement that I submit proof of ownership. I did so a couple of weeks past and still see the notice "You have X days to provided proof of ownership." I'm now down to 1 day. What to do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Monetization

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Beetlebomb,

Thank you for your posting. Based on what I've read about your account, it sounds like you have been running an Adwords account to promote your video on Youtube. In addition, you mention monetizing your video. Please clarify when you say monetize, you mean you get paid for people viewing your video ads? If this is correct, it sounds like you are using Adsense for  the monetize part. Now going back to your original question about why you have to submit proof of ownership. Since you are using Youtube as one of the display search engines, Youtube will occasionally ask the Advertiser's to submit the proof of ownership. Have you followed up with the Youtube support on your submission of your proof? I can list a link for the Youtube support here. Or you can post your request to the Youtube Community forum. I am also including a link on how to Submit additional documentation to claim rights from the Youtube help page.

Re: Monetization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All of my promotions are videos; primarily, a song with a video overlay. I too have had very satisfying results… that is until this year when the system was changed. Before now, it was so easy. For me the Promoted video program was easy to set up and it produce great results… at least from my perspective. The format was, however, terminated or modified beyond recognition. AdSense, Adwords, YouTube, Google, Google+ Circles… the list goes on and on. Monetization simply lets them run ads in some fashion on your video. Depending on this or that, the video owner receives payment. Now one must choose between In-Display 1 &2 or In-Stream or True View or In-Search or ???? None of those configurations do what the Promoted Video program did. As I have said, I’m not selling anything. I just want to promote my videos. Formerly, in the thumbnail block, the statement “Promoted Video” appeared. Now, when you get that feature, along with other stuff one gets when that feature is in the package, the statement is, “Ad”. The viewer I’m seeking to attract is far more inclined to click on a thumbnail of a video where along side is stated “Promoted Video”, than they are if they see “Ad”.