AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Monaco GP Site Suspended - About to have nervous breakdown!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated...

We had a web campaign running for Monaco Grand Prix under our URL www.grandprixdeluxe.com, all was going fine until some angry chap from Formula 1 management phoned up today to tell us we could not use the words Grand Prix in our URL and to to take the site down or else....

We have purchased a new web name www.gpdeluxe.com which we are allowed to use and have the site up and running however when I try and start a campaign it says Site Suspended 

Reasons
  • This ad is not running because it points to a URL that has been suspended for site policy. Please review our landing page policies and make the appropriate updates to your website to start triggering this ad again.
Ad policies
  • Misleading or unrealistic promotions

We had a special offer price on our front page which I have removed but it still will not allow the site to go live

The irony is the the website is exactly as it was before we had to change it apart from we have removed all reference in the title to Grand Prix...

Any help with this would be much appreciated, it's Monaco GP next weekend and we sell hospitality so it's a critical time and cannot wait for Adwords to come back to me.

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Monaco GP Site Suspended - About to have nervous breakdown!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James B;

Ouch.... Interesting case...

Had  you checked what was promoted under this URL in the past, Before you purchased the URL ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We knew we were on thin ground, luckily the name is only used to sell the tickets , the project is run through a different company so we dont have an entire business built around the URL. just cannot work out why Adwords will not let us back on. I even spent an hour with their online help person last night and she cannot explain it either.....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@James B;

So you don't know what had been promoted on this domain before you purchased it- do you?

Let me check with Google on that

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@James B;

Good news;  Your site is now un-suspended.

As suspected  it was disabled due to content   promoted on Google is past years. (Before you bought it)

A tip: run a few checks about content promoted on  a domain  before you buy one.

Good luck with your campaign. Nice website. Come back and update us how  the campaign performs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for that, at the moment it's still showing Dissaproved, coud it take some time before it's status turns to eligible?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
let me check
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@James B;

Make a minor change to the ads and re-submit for approval.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You my friend are a total genius, thank you so much, all back up and running!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@James B

This was one of the fastest resolved suspension  cases in the community, mainly thanks to you, detailing all relevant points. (The key here was a newly purchased domain after a trade-name owner had asked you to remove the TN.)

BTW: from Google's POV: Google does not investigate the usage of a trade name in the URL. So, unless the F1 guy had called, you could have used the brand name in the URL. (But not in the ad-text)

Good luck with your campaign  and do come back;