AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Misrepresentation Questions.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've ran traffic for a friend's blog and the ad I submitted (display network) was disapproved for "Misrepresentation"Screenshot 2017-07-28 13.25.26.png Here is a screenshot of the ad. It was targeting demographics (Male + Female, only excluded the 18-24). http://ibelieveinyoutoday.com/ that's the domain. Is there something on (or missing on) the landing page that's causing a "Misrepresentation" disapproval? Thank you in advance for your help. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What is the business model here? (i.e. How this site earn money?)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

It does not look like a website/business model that fits AdWords. Not everything online can be advertised with AdWords. 

You can also read more about your misrepresentation status here. While it will not clearly define your precise issue, all of the policies connected to that page must be met. Your website must present original content of value and merit. It should have a business model component to it, too, as Moshe is asking about. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My hope was to run traffic to the site and eventually build a large enough organic following to get my content sponsored. Based off of what you see on the site, is there anything my site is missing that could be setting off a misrepresentation disapproval?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The site is missing a business model. Driving traffic "hoping to build audience" is not a solid business model, which can be advertised on Google. If you wish to collect personal info from users -  this business model, is not allowed. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So if this site was maybe a review site and had outbound links to a review of (for example) "The top proteins of 2017" and "the best exercise equipment for summer" and we drove traffic to our review site in hopes that people would click our outbound links to these products, would that be an ok business model?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This would be an affiliate. Affiliate policy issues have been discussed in length in this community. Search the community for "affiliate", you'll find dozens of discussions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So instead of an outbound link, if I had an email opt in, in exchange for a free ebook, and my business model was based off of an email marketing strategy, would that be appropriate. TL;DR If I offer good content, had the necessary pages (about us, privacy policy, terms, contact, newsletter, etc...) and I offer a free Unique E-Book, in exchange for signing up for our email newsletter, would that be an ok model?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Again, In my view, your "business model" main goal is to collect personal info in various formats which are all not allowed. AdWords is about promoting real physical  products or services  to be purchased by users,  based on the user's intent.