AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Misleading or unrealistic promotions: which claim is unrealistic

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got an email that says your site (tastibo.com) violates policy and ads pointing to that site are suspended. The policy being violated is Misleading or unrealistic promotions. However, I cannot find any claims on our website that are untrue. All information on our website is reviewed by a practicing doctor. Also, we have referenced medical research journals (served from the NIH website or other reputed research websites) as well as videos from TEDx (these videos are hosted on YouTube and have hundreds of thousands of views).

How can I identify which claim is misleading?

Our claims might be against the business interests of Google Life Sciences, which recently announced a partnership with Sinofi to sell more diabetes drugs (http://www.businessinsider.com/google-life-science-and-sanofi-partnership-diabetes-2015-8)  while we offer users ways to reduce medication. But our claims are neither misleading nor unrealistic. If Google wants to prevent ads to our website due to conflict of business interest, Google should say so more directly.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Misleading or unrealistic promotions: which claim is unrealistic

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Well your site Blatantly says the words Cure Diabetes and Stop Diabetes and Reversing in your images and video link. Having Diabetes, the proper verbiage would be something more realistic such as "Recipes for Diabetics" and drop all the CLAIMS you make for Cure, Stop and Reverse.

Your message is pretty blatantly claiming to cure something that it can in no Way guarantee. Even eating all the correct foods, does not Cure Type 2 Diabetes, it just helps maintain a lower risk blood sugar. Weight, metabolism, exercise, and proper diet are the ways to lessen the effects and live a more healthy diabetic diet and lifestyle. NOT CURE, STOP, or Reverse.

Make sense?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you listen to the video, which is by a practicing doctor, you will realize, the right diet can actually cure diabetes (or you could read a short summary https://www.tastibo.com/article/1419): as in no need for medicines anymore (not just a low-risk blood sugar, but actually fix insulin sensitivity, the underlying cause of diabetes). This is not a one-off video, several research studies have found this.

May we request a review by a doctor or medically qualified professional?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tastibo I
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

the claims are not required to be untrue to violate the policies --
any claim on the site can simply be unrealistic or entice a user
with an improbable result, and violate the policies.

"expect to loose 6 or more pounds in the next two weeks"

as a slight aside, that site also seems to have affiliate links --

which generally puts a greater burden on the content; most

especially the content directly related to the affiliate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Eric and Celebird for the responses. I now better understand the Google policies. They may not be entirely to my liking but if that's what the terms are then one has to agree to them to do business with Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So did you make changes to your website? Is this issue resolved on your site? How did you resolve it? We have a similar issue with a Client.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!