AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Managing ads for a client that has a suspended adword account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently had a potential client come to me about managing ads for their account. They informed me that in the early days of their business, they had used multiple promo codes for their website and were since then suspended. Everything about their business seems legitimate and they've even spent a decent amount on Facebook ads so it seems like they made a naive mistake. They've attempted to appeal the suspension to no avail. 

So here's my question:

As an ad manager with multiple accounts, reliable history, and 0 warning/flags does taking on this account have any negative impact on me as an account manager?

I'm instinctively erring on the side of caution so if all you have to offer is speculation, with all due respect, please don't respond. I'm looking for a definitive answer.
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,

I wouldn't do it. As you are probably aware, you can be excluded from AdWords forever - so any risk of suspension is too much risk.

I'm aware of dozens of instances where this has worked out fine, but each has been with major agencies with hundreds of accounts in their MCC. It could just be that Google trusts large agencies. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,

I wouldn't do it. As you are probably aware, you can be excluded from AdWords forever - so any risk of suspension is too much risk.

I'm aware of dozens of instances where this has worked out fine, but each has been with major agencies with hundreds of accounts in their MCC. It could just be that Google trusts large agencies. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi John

I had many similar clients. I usually created a new account for them, on my MCC and these accounts haven't been suspended.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As @RobSkelton mentioned this course seriously jeopardize your MCC score  (MCCs are monitored / graded for quality) , especially since a promo code violation is considered  one of the severe violations and advertisers suspended due to this violation are not allowed to be back.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’