AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

MCC account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I wanna ask one question which is if I had an adwords account months/years back and it was suspended and now  after months/years I wanna create an MCC account(starting a new business,SEM agency),can I do that?

Is there any possibility that it will get expired,I am using a new email address but first and last name is same and I think phone number also.

Points to be noted-

1.adwords account was just normal adwords account,it was not MCC or related to any MCC.

2.This MCC is completely new account.

Please let me know ASAP.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: MCC account suspension

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Elvis,

With a new account there will be no probem at all. It doesn't matter if the name etc. is the same.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
As far as I know a banned advertiser will quickly have a new account suspended. Suspensions are permanent per owner not per account.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
That's correct but the only way to know who is the owner, is the domain. And it's the only thing that google checks. When you open an mcc you don't specify a domain.
If he tries to open an account under the mcc for advertising the same domain, then the new account will be suspended for sure. Maybe the MCC account also.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think Google can use more signals than just the domain to identify the owner. I can only reffer to you this conversation which makes it clear that also the personal data is used to repeat suspension :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Account-disbaled/m-p/209702/highlight/true#M8795

It could be the name from the email, the payments made to other google services, the "computer fingerprint" like MAC address, who knows, it remains a risk because there is no page in the help center to clearly say : " even if your AdWords was suspended but you can open an MCC anytime and create from there other adwords accounts with no problems"

@ Elvis K : You can double check about this delicate problem with google by phone using the number from this page :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Elvis,

Having an MCC should not cause you any problems...an MCC is simply a tool for managing multiple accounts under one umbrella login.

That said...you're "in the system" with a suspended account. If you attempt to open a new account with your information, Google will most likely link that account to you directly and could very easily be suspended.

They do indeed look at many signals to identify suspended advertisers, well beyond just the domain and billing information. A quick search on this community will prove that.

You MAY be able to manage client accounts if they are opened and completely owned and paid for by the clients directly but I think as long as that suspension is out there...you'll be one wrong step away from trouble again.

Is there any way you can resolve the previous suspension or were you an 'egregious' violator?

If by chance you're hoping the MCC will allow you a back door to advertise your business again, I don't think it will last very long. Google is pretty steadfast in its stance with suspended advertisers.

If you can get through to support, you may want to try that but I'm not sure they'll have a whole lot of info for you.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@Elvis

Bellow is an example of a very long diagnostic effort from the community , where an MCC holder had 1 dormant account with a violation and 1 current client with a violation. All his accounts got suspended for good including the MCC ( follow just message 65 / 80 )

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Please-Help-my-MCC-and-client-a...

also at his message 30 he realises that his MCC maybe gone for good :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Please-Help-my-MCC-and-client-a...

Also another case with suspended MCC here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/REFUND/m-p/211382/highlight/true#M8828

So an MCC suspension can happen.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Adrian,

MCC's are not accounts, they cannot violate policies. Therefore, MCC's cannot be suspended.

I think you're misinterpreting these threads and potentially, these users may also be misunderstanding what has happened to them. It's quite easy for policy violators to tweak what they're explaining here to have an appearance that they're following policies when actually behind they scenes they're quite guilty.

A "bad" advertiser may be trying to pay for multiple accounts through an MCC and due to one of their accounts being suspended could have other accounts suspended as well. It has nothing to to with the MCC and everything to do with the advertiser.

Once you're on that blacklist...there is always risk.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’